With Lendlease, Landcorp and Bendigo Bank
Grant framework, governance structure, program coordination, branding and marketing, impact reporting
Encourage participation and belonging, while supporting clubs and groups to form in the early stages of a new development.
The Seedling Fund is a community-led grant initiative that aims to promote and enable local groups to do great things in the community. In a process similar to crowd funding, the community votes for which projects get the majority of the dollars. We call it a ground up grant – money raised by the community, for the community.
Sprout created and established The Seedling Fund brand, as part of the Sprout Hub model. The fund is administered by Bendigo Bank’s Community Enterprise Foundation. 10c in every dollar spent at Sprout Hubs goes into the Seedling Fund. Finalists are selected to receive a base grant amount, then community gets to vote to determine how finalists share the remaining fund tally. The purpose is to support the local clubs, groups and projects that make a great community. It’s all about providing more engaging opportunities for local residents to participate in local decision-making.
- Provide financial support for clubs and groups in new developments
- Embed a culture of contribution in the local community
- Encourage community participation in a meaningful way
- Alkimos Beach Surf Life Saving Club (WA)
- Alkimos Beach Scouts (WA)
- Camera Story (WA)
- Awesome Arts (WA)
- Scott and Propel Youth (WA)
- Wollert Community Fire Association (VIC)
- Boomerang Bags Epping (VIC)
- Epping North Scouts (VIC)
- Illawarra Family Services (NSW)
- Albion Park Football Club (NSW)
- 1st Albion Park Scout Group (NSW)
- Fund impact model development
- Creation of Fund framework and governance systems and processes
- Fund brand and marketing
- Round promotion and administration
- Partnership management